- COLUMBIA/ELLICOTT CITY, MD, USA
- Part Time
The Host/Hostess is responsible for the receiving and seating of guests and performing a variety of other tasks within a restaurant establishment which may include ringing up orders, refilling beverages, setting tables, and cleaning eating/serving areas; performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Store Manager.
- Maintains consistent attention to the entrance of the restaurant and welcomes all guests with a smile and appropriate greeting
- Records customer reservations or seating times in a consistent manner providing the highest quality of service to the customer at all times
- Set tables with appropriate silverware, glass and china; maintain neat and clean work station during service
- Seats guests and presents the menu and any specials seats according to company standards
- Oversees the delivery and servicing of food and beverages
- Communicates with the wait staff and other restaurant personnel to ensure the guests' experience meets concept/company standards
- Performs the tasks of the cashier and/or bus person as required including cashing out guests checks to speed up service
- Understands and follows cash handling policies and procedures and maintain proper security of cash at all times
- Patrol assigned station, refilling water and coffee, removing service items and condiments per establishment procedures
- Perform other duties in a team effort during downtime which may include rolling silverware, expediting food orders, washing dishes, preparing food for the To-go areas and properly cleaning and filling table condiments (salt & pepper, sugar, napkins, ketchup and mustard bottles)
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!